Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I should have known...

We have been homeschooling for the past 4-5 years (depending on how you count it) and I have noticed in the past three years the same pattern...week 6 is a ROUGH one! Two years ago I decided that the 6th week would be our first break and then every 4-6 weeks after that depending on the how the holidays land.

This year I was going to push through because we are leaving for China in what would be our 8th week of school. What's another 1-2 weeks right? "Come on kids, just do the work and we'll have that much less to do when we get home." NOT!!!

The sixth week hit, I made a cute "welcome to week 6" sign on the white board and was ready to push ahead. It was a ROUGH Monday!


Then I remembered...we take the 6th week off because it is ALWASY ROUGH! This year was no exception. So, I had to put my Achiever-self on the shelf and take the rest of the week off for the good of the family. It was a welcome break for the kids and I have found a great deal of peace and rest for myself.  Oh well, so much for getting in 10 more days before China. We'll live.

{As of today we have just 13 days until China!}

Satan continues to shoot poison darts our way.
Please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment