Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

not sure the pages thing will work...


...so I will post everything here and make labels for different topics :)

I am trying out adding pages to our blog to fill it out a bit and blog about different topics. The first I thought I would add was in the area of homeschool...since I spend most of my time doing this each week.

I just love children's literature and going to the library with my kiddos. Today we organized another round of what I like to call A to Z Authors. I made this up last year  to expose my kids to more authors and illustrators that we might not other wise come in contact with.

There are so many favorites but I thought this was a way to meet 26 (if you can ever find an author of a children's book that starts with a Q or X good job) but most often 24 new authors and illustrators.

 {here are pics of our last two A to Z Author pics}




I love, especially in this time of our life, when we randomly bring home a book about adoption. This darling book made its way into our rolly-cart today.


What learning can take place in this activity?

- letter recognition
-alphabetizing
-counting
-categorizing
-reading
-listening
-checking out the books on their own card {independence}
-keeping track of them at home {responsibility}

No comments:

Post a Comment