Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

We're home: post 1 (Tandem bikes are so fun...)

(I started this post at 5:24am yesterday but the day got away from me;)

...how about tandem posts? Here are a few pics from the first 6 days home

Since I couldn't update our blog as we went in China I am having to do that now. But there is so much going on here I want to share that at the same time. So, I am going to post current happenings as well as our past China trip until I get through the posts about our trip. Stay with me ;)

We have been home for all of 11 days! It has been a much smoother transition home than we expected for Aunna. I was ready for her to cling to me because the surroundings were, once again, new to her. When we got home, after our wonderful airport welcome home party, (about 3pm) she got right down and crawled around the house. She would check for me now and then but was very independent.
This is her on
Gottcha Day
{Much longer post to come from this special day.
She clung to the duplicate blanket and toy that we sent to her in a care package} 



Home: Day 1
{Aunna loved to look at the dogs through the window. Now whenever she hears them bark or sees them she says,"Gog-gog!"}



Home: Day 2
{This little ducky bath was definitely one of the best purchases we have made. We took it with us to China so she wouldn't be slipping around the tub. She loves it and you use way less water!}


Home: Day 3
{Aunna wasn't super into the doll we brought her in China but loves the Cabbage Patch dolls we have at home. Now she "loves the dolly" by snuggling it and rocking. I taught her how to feed the dolly by putting the baby bottle up to its mouth and make a sucking sound. Cutest thing!}


Home: Day 4
{Jet lag is finally starting to wear off. Our middle of the night family parties are fun but we're ready to be awake and asleep at the right time.}


 Home: Day 5
{Our Aunna-baby is such a happy girl...but when she's mad she'll let you know. And she's super strong so watch out, she'll bop you in the face.}


{I turned on Baby Signing Time today. We LOVED it when Jumping Joy was a baby, still do! Aunna picked it up right away and had 5 new signs down by the end of the week. She even put two signs together to tell me, "More water."}

{We are starting back slow with school so I had the kids do math a few days last week. She got a hold of Kirra's pencil and math book...so we got out the crayons and coloring book we got her. Before we left I found preschool crayons that were larger than the regular crayons. They are triangle shaped as as it turns out not as good for her grip as fat regular crayons would be because of how her fingers are spaced. But they're good for now.}

 {Sleepy girl fighting it.}




Home: Day 6
{She's not much for headbands or bows which is fine with us. Every few days we put one on to see what she'll do. Today was funny. She would pull it down around her eyes and then take off crawling. Silly girl!} 

One thing I did with my big kids: unless they could do something themselves, like get on to the couch, then I wouldn't let them up there. I told Cohl this the other day and then she climbed right up. Oh well, there goes that. Now on to teaching her how to get down. She got that the next day.}





No comments:

Post a Comment