Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

End of the year {binding your child's work}

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do with our children's work at the end of the school year. We have consumable "worksheet" type books, looseleaf student pages, photocopies, work from classes and other things that we need to keep samples of. So a few years I decided to bind what I wanted to keep at a copy store and pitch the rest...it's just TOO much to keep everything from each child!

Here is a quick video on what I do and some ideas of fun other pages to add in.



We just finished our school for the year today {whew!} so I am about to bind our third school year. The kids love looking back on their work from previous years and it's so handy to have it all in one spot. I have the under-the-bed size plastic bins for each child. After I bind them, they look through them a few times, I pop this year's bound book in the bin and that's that.

We did however get to use the previous year's bound books for reference material this year. That was a happy accident!

As this year's cover page I am going to do their 1st and last day of school pictures. I love to see their growth!

Happy last few weeks of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment