Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Loss

{I have been meaning to make this post for a few weeks now}

Although adoption is an amazing experience, loss and grief are still quite real by all involved.

Loss for the birth parents (and family)
Loss for the child
Loss for the adoptive parents (and family)

And, although I knew this in my mind it hit my heart the other day. The mister and I had had a long week of prayer and contemplation about one aspect of our upcoming adoption. I was a bit worn out from lack of sleep and emotional heart-level conversations. In the middle of the day on a Thursday I was overwhelmed with the weight of the life that awaits our little girl. I stood in my kitchen and cried for her...I wept for her that she would never have complete hands...I wept for her that she would never have complete feet.

I grieved for her.

I grieved for me.

It was heavy but needed to happen. I am thankful for that day and what I felt. It helps me, even more, to be ready to fight for her and stand with her as she takes on this world.

As I let myself stay in that for a bit I also felt the peace of Christ wash over me. I have so much hope in Christ to restore her and use her despite her physical limitations. I know she is going to be amazing! I know she is going to surprise many!

Just another part of adopting a special needs child. I'm sure there will be many more moments like this and I am blessed to share our journey with you all!



1 comment:

  1. <3 God is SO great in giving us these moments!!!! Thank you for sharing! I love the motivation in being able to take a stand with them! Being the hands and feet of Jesus! What joy!!!! Soooooo happy and excited for you guys! I definitely teared up reading this... God's spreading the burden and washing! Hugs & much love!

    ReplyDelete